Farm to My Table

This past weekend was the annual self-guided farm tour, and I was here to do it!  Marshal and Gabe took a combined business and fun trip east, while Lydia and I had some time of our own.  Lydia and I visited Willowood, a farm that grows much of the produce that I order biweekly for my own table.  I had no idea that Willowood was the beautiful 4th generation farm on Ebey's Prairie close to the bluff, overlooking the sea and Olympics.  Beautiful.
Willowood Farm - Just prior to turning into the driveway.

Starts for fall greens.

Drying the onions.

Peek of the 4th generation farm house.

Greenhouse for tomatoes and 1880 barn behind Lydia.

Brassicas

Braising Greens

Floating row covers are non pesticide pest control for the tender plants.


Varieties of Garlic

Jewel specimens of winter squash.

The produce cart.

No comments: