Culinary Stand By and New Experiment

Marin Joe Special - I was told that I stuffed myself with the authentic Marin Joe Special as a baby until it was coming back up.  Marin Joe's is a popular Italian owned restaurant in Marin County, CA, right off a freeway with valet parking only.  (Must park the cars bumper to bumper to pack them in the lot.)  My mom made up a recipe at home, and it was an easy "go to" dinner favorite.  Both my sister and I laughed to realize we both made it for our husband's first post honeymoon meal!  I was so surprised to find that Marshal came to me with a pre-bachelor 5 in 10 Cookbook with it's own Marin Joe rendition!  He was already prepped for the dish that I thought I had sole rights to!  The 5 mandatory ingredients are onion, fresh minced garlic, ground beef, spinach, and egg.  It's not complete though without the oregano, basil, freshly ground black pepper, sea salt, and plenty of fresh grated parmesan of course!

Breakfast Porridge - Soak 2 Tblsp chia seeds in 3/4 cup warm water for 5-10 minutes, 2 Tblsp ground flaxseed, 1 Tblsp coconut butter/cream, raw honey to taste.  We tripled it.  A bit of butter, pinch of sea salt,  dash of cinnamon and nutmeg were nice additions.  Ripe banana, wild blueberries, and my raw cultured cream on top were nice too!

No comments: