Mid-March

Last vestige of winter, five days before the spring equinox.

Bird Bath

Gabe's handmade finch feeder
Gabe captured the Red-breasted Nuthatch on camera!
How many Robin Redbreasts can you find?

Daffodils, or March Jonquils, my birth flower, in March on Sunnyside!  
The first flowers made it through the below freezing nights and March snow.  I sought my Father about that.  I dreaded the disappointment of the early sunny bulbs and tender violets blooming prematurely with the promise of spring, only to be snuffed out with bitter cold and ice.  But I know the One who brings the snow, rains, and governs the sun.  Man's forecast doesn't.  I reckoned that He determined that the ground needed nitrogen rich snowfall, especially Marshal's newly scattered pasture seed, so a gentle snow could be in His forecast.  But it was said, that the brunt of the winter storm and snow seemed to bypass Trout Lake.  The Jonquils and violets bowed low, but then revived their sunny faces, all glory to the one Who clothes them.

No comments: