January Babies

My sweet Caramel kisses.
I have my first bottle baby.
He is a miracle gift.
A testimony of my miracle lamb. 
Our first born male St Croix lamb went paralyzed in his hind quarters when he was 2 weeks old over a matter of days.  We found him flopped down and unable to get to his feet, but seemed fine once we helped him up.  Then he began to drag his back feet and couldn't remain standing.  I was feeling heartbroken to watch him waste away.  He was a firstborn male of the St Croix we brought to the farm last spring.  His birth order and name pointed to the only begotten first born Lamb of God who atoned for us on the cross.  I prayed, "Your blood atoned for us all and ended the daily sacrifice and need for the blood of lambs, lambs that were only a temporary covering for our wage of sin that brought death.  But we are set free from sin and death through the blood of Christ poured out for us.  For the Father so loved the world that He gave up His one and only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him would not die but inherit eternal life.  Our sin is washed away and by His stripes we are healed.  May You Father manifest this truth by healing this little lamb?"
I put the little lamb on his feet and held his mama to let him suckle, and we put him under a heat lamp.  He was alive the next morning, but the neurological impairment was extending to his front legs and feet.  My dear friend and neighbor who I would have met for prayer with that very morning, Shelly, came in the day with a shot of selenium and vitamin E, bottle nipples, syringes, and a bucket of lamb formula. Shelly gave him a shot and cuddled him with compassion, saying matter of factly, "This little lamb can't die," and praying for him as well.  She bolstered my faith and cast out my doubts.  I will believe that the Lord heard my prayer and desired faith, not double mindedness. I rejoiced with thankfulness in my heart that the Lord had answered my prayer with Shelly to gird my faith and provide for this little lamb.
Thus began my weeks of a bottle lamb.  The Lord provided all he needed.  Marshal and I milked Ginger, the Guernsey/Dexter, and I milked the rich hind milk directly into the glass bottle every morning.  I boosted the milk with Australian Emu oil rich in a one of a kind combination of vitamins A, D, E, and MK-4, Liposomal Vitamin C, and Mt Capra goat colostrum.  I watched Scooter grow stronger over the proceeding days. He could stay on his feet for extended periods of time and scoot around.  I would go out later and put him under the heat lamp. One day I watched him able to hop to his front feet after he fell to his knees.  Then I found him getting himself to the heat lamp before flopping down.  In two weeks time, he was up on his own, no longer stranded on his side, stiff legged and flopping!  I had watched the everyday miracle of life and healing that we so often take for granted- that is a marvelous gift from our Creator EVERY day.  What a gift this little lamb was to me, a gift from my Father to encourage my discouraged heart, to see He hears and answers, to see victory over death, and allowing me to participate in the entire process with my beseeching, a struggle of faith in the face of past loss, and the gift of nutritional therapy, trusting in Father's provision.
little lambsy divey

No comments: