Gift from Lydia

Lydia overheard my desire for collecting silver napkin rings in a discussion with my mom about future Christmas gift ideas, and Lydia was bouncing with excitement for making it a surprise now.  She enlisted Dad, the talented online shopper, and I enjoy the receiving end of Christmas giving everyday I sit at my table now.  I have a set of pretty rings to hold our napkins, and oh so classy and practical.  Here they accompany a simple dinner we had of nourishing broth from a leg of lamb, garden salad, and a plate of cold cut roast beef and swiss with fresh horseradish cream outside the photo.  Horseradish cream is delicious with just a couple tablespoons of freshly grated horseradish root, some sea salt, a squeeze of lemon, and dollops of raw sour cream mixed in.

No comments: