September Wedding Day

Jedidiah and Rebecca were married on September 21st.  It was a most beautiful day in Trout Lake Valley at the foot of Mount Adams.

A love letter to us all.
My beloved is mine, and I am his.
He feeds along the lilies.
Until the day breaks and the shadows have fled, 
Turn my beloved, 
And be like a gazelle or a young stag
On the mountains of Bether.  
(Mountains of Bether)
       Song of Solomon 2:17. Perhaps Bithron, separated from the main part of Israel by Jordan (2 Samuel 2:29), a ravine district, through "all" of which Abner passed, on the N. of the Jabbok, between the Jordan and Mahanaim. It means a cutting. Spiritually "the mountains of Bether" mean mountains of division (margin), or mountains intersected with deep valleys, separating the bride from the heavenly Bridegroom.

Bibliography Information
Fausset, Andrew Robert M.A., D.D., "Definition for 'bether' Fausset's Bible Dictionary". 
bible-history.com - Fausset's; 1878. 

The Beloved is a gazelle on these mountains of separation as we live in the world, enduring to the end - when winter is past.

Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We wait in hope, with certainty, for the voice of the Bridegroom:

My Beloved responded and said to me,
Rise up, my love,
My lovely one, and come away.
For look, the winter is past,
The rain is over, gone.
The flowers have appeared in the earth;
The time of singing has come,
And the voice of the turtledove
is heard in the land.
The fig tree has ripened her figs,
And the vines with the tender grapes have
given a good fragrance.
Rise up, my love,
My lovely one, and come away!
Wedding songs:
Build My Life
Worthy of every song we could ever sing
Worthy of all the praise we could ever bring
Worthy of every breath we could ever breathe
We live for you
Jesus is the name above every other name
Jesus is the only one who could ever save
Worthy of every breath we could ever breathe
We live for you.
Holy there is no one like You
There is none beside You
Open up my eyes in wonder
Show me who You are and fill me
With your heart and lead me
In your love to those around me
I will build my life upon your love:
It is a firm foundation
I will put my trust in you alone
And I will not be shaken





No comments: