March 24

Lydia raked out the flower bed and shrubs in front of the house on the first day of spring.  March 20th was a lovely spring day, so welcome and satisfied our longing for the newness of the season.  I joined her and worked alongside until the sun went down, clearing all the dead and uncovering the bulbs and spring green pushing forth in secret.  I would have captured it on camera, the celebration of spring, if we hadn't worked continually until we ran out of daylight.
The day before my birthday, my budding birth flowers, Jonquils, were bowed down with snow.  
Daffodils in the Snow



Mr. Robin says, "It's spring."

Second spring snow blanket melting, and daffodils blooming by the door for my birthday.

Iris and Daffodils uncovered and thrusting up.  
 I snatched photos on my phone as we went to our high school alma mater for a track meet.  Gabe expended all his energy in the cold all day, waiting to run the 800 Meter, but he ran well in the second fastest heat.

Megan gave Luke and I a fondue party!  Happy Birthday togetherness.  So good and so fun.

No comments: