I lived in France

Many years ago, J'ai habité en France avec Jeunesse en Mission, à Paris et Marseille.  France and I fit together very well.  I recently read a memoir of a man living in a small village in Brittany, and it made me so nostalgic for the people, culture, and country.  Just so happens that I was able to indulge a bit of that longing for French countryside in my life a week ago at the Coupeville Arts and Crafts Fair.  A dear friend came for a visit and, unbeknownst to her, set my French table look into motion with dried lavender from her garden and the desire to go to the fair!  I even spoke with a Marseilles man selling his provincial linens!  I have many things French that are my very favorites when I look around my home, one being my French blue Le Creuset pot...  oh là là, indeed my favorite, especially when filled with a favorite recipe, a rich stew with wine and garden herbs, ratatouille with garden produce, or a 40 garlic roasted chicken!

The table cloth fit like it was made for my table!

Roast chicken, golden beets with greens, and whipped cauliflower if you were curious.  The night before I had a blended zucchini soup full of venision and fresh Italian herbs in my blue Le Creuset pot.

Pots and Nasturium

Fresh Culinary Herbs

No comments: