Honoring Mom

Even though the tooth fairy was running very late in her duties, my son went to church with long nails and wax coming out of his ears, and we went on a road trip without water bottles, snacks, or wet-ones... I still got honored for being Mom. They outdid themselves.

Lydia chose this centerpiece yesterday. It's fun to receive something I would have never chosen and be so pleased with it. Doesn't that orange and green look splendid?
There was the construction paper, crayon, and marker scramble this morn. Lydia put on worship music while Marshal prepared breakfast.

Marshal found the recipe and produced Finnish Oven Pancake. It's as good as it looks! Yum! Although I know my husband is capable, he hasn't cooked for me much in our marriage besides some hard-cooked fried eggs. Not many months ago, I criticized his method of scrambling eggs, horrified that he was scrambling them in the hot pan, leaving little bits of white and so on..... Then I realized they tasted just as good as mine, and adopted HIS method the next day for efficiency and speed! So I learned my lesson; my way is not always better, and I better not scare away my co-chef from the kitchen! He is the best!
Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you Mommies! You are the best, not for all you do, but just for being you!

No comments: